Rapala® has added five new Ott-inspired, bass-approved color patterns to its OG Slim™ 6 line-up: Bream, Copper Green Shad, Hot Copper Green Shad, Classic Craw and Coosa Special.
“I’ve been painting and testing my own lure patterns in my garage for several years – they’re coming to you all now,” said Rapala Pro Ott DeFoe, who designed the OG Slim.
OG stands for “Ott’s Garage,” the location of the workbench at which DeFoe carves and sands prototype baits. A non-rattling, easy-casting crankbait that swims with a medium wobble and tight side-to-side action, the OG Slim 6 sports a lightweight, circuit-board lip. The lure dives to six feet when fished on 12-pound-test line – hence the “6” in its name.
The new color patterns for the OG Slim™ 6 include:
• Bream – Blackish-blue back with scale pattern, green and yellow sides with black shad spot and orange throat.
• Copper Green Shad – Green with brown scale pattern with black shad spot, pearl-white belly and orange throat.
• Hot Copper Green Shad – Green with brown scale pattern with black shad spot, chartreuse sides and belly and orange throat.
• Classic Craw – Black back, red sides with crawfish-scale pattern and orange belly.
• Coosa Special – Brown-black back, yellow sides with scale pattern and two vertical green stripes with scale pattern, and orange throat and underside of tail section. “That is a color that can be a dynamite one,” DeFoe said.
Although OG Slim 6’s name derives, in part, from its thin, flat-sided profile, its balsa-wood construction gives it a live-minnow action that similar-looking flat-sided plastic crankbaits can’t imitate. And its ultra-thin circuit-board lip delivers the right action and attitude no matter how you fish it, triggering bites from big bass and other gamefish.
An OG Slim 6 measures 2.75 inches and weighs a half ounce. It’s armed with two No. 3 VMC black-nickel, 1X-strong, short-shank Hybrid Treble Hooks. It’s available in 14 other color patterns: Big Shad, Chartreuse Rootbeer Crawdad, Citrus Shad, Crawdad, Dark Brown Crawdad, Green Gizzard Shad, Helsinki Shad, Mossy Chartreuse Crawdad, Perch, Red Crawdad, Live River Shad, Rootbeer Crawdad, Silver and Silver Shad.